What is Pre-K?
Pre-K leverages Porter-Leath's quality early childhood education experience to provide one solid, quality year of early childhood education immediately prior to kindergarten. Pre-K teaches core academic skills and knowledge, but also provides each student with the ability to learn the social skills necessary to be successful in an academic environment. Porter-Leath Pre-K enhances this experience by providing wrap around services to students and their families. For the 2021-2022 academic year, children need to be 4 years old by August 15, 2021.
To prepare 4 year olds in the Achievement School District for kindergarten through academic achievement, physical development, and social skill building.
Porter-Leath Pre-K is a partnership with the Achievement School District. Pre-K provides preschool for 4 year olds in ASD schools so that they will enter kindergarten ready to learn. Students benefit not only from the academic portion of Pre-K, but also the wrap around services that Porter-Leath offers, providing each child with health, disability and nutrition services as well as family services. Students greatly benefit from the socialization aspect of Pre-K, which teaches them how to be a student so that they are ready to go from Day 1 of kindergarten. Click here download a flyer.
*The process for enrolling your child in Pre-K begins by filling out the interest form above. Once the application is received, a member of Porter-Leath's staff will contact you and schedule time for the next steps of the enrollment process.
- Individualized early childhood development resources
- Health and developmental screenings, including speech, hearing, vision and lead exposure
- Medical, dental and mental health services
- Parental involvement and education, including nutritional counseling
- In-home family support and counseling
- Enhanced school readiness for low-income children
- Guaranteed quality of services through a unique management structure, monitoring, training and content development
- Full range of highly qualified and trained staff comprised of teachers, assistants, family service and health workers and nutritionists
In 2012, Porter-Leath expanded preschool services by partnering with KIPP Memphis Collegiate Schools to provide preschool services for 5 classrooms. Porter-Leath then expanded preschool services by partnering with the Achievement School District in 2013 and has increased the number of students served each year. Porter-Leath also provides Pre-K to local charter schools.